During 25-28 February 2016 the first entry test organised by the IFMGA for candidates from non IFMGA member countries in East and South Eastern Europe has taken place in Romania. The rock climbing was organised in the Turzii Gorge (Apuseni Mountains) and the ice climbing and ski tests were held in the Fagaras mountains. There were over 45 participants in the event of which 35 were actual candidates that took part in the asesment. They came from Bulgaria, Romania, Turkey, Greece, Cyprus and Hungary.
Examiners were: Hanno Doenz (Austria), President of the IFMGA, Reiner Taglinger (Germany) President of the Techical Comission of the IFMGA and instructor with VDBS, Kurt Walde (Sudtirol / Italy) Vice-President of the Techical Comission of the IFMGA and instructor with the VSBS, Herbert Mayerhofer (Austria) Instructor with the Austrian Mountain Guides Association, Neil Brodie (France) instructor with the Ecole Nationale de Ski-Alpinisme.
Out of the 35 candidates 12 (34%) have passed the entry test and are due to begin the formation process. Out of the 12, ten are already working mountain professionals (guides, instructors, coaches).
- Cosmin Andron, M, Romania (MG)
- Catrinel Enache, F, Romania (MG)
- Gueorgui Gueorguiev, M, Bulgaria (MG)
- Iraklis Moissidis, M, Greece (MI)
- Georgi Penev, M, Bulgaria (MI)
- Alex Prigoana, M, Romania
- Mihnea Prundeanu, M, Romania (MG)
- Catalin Pobega, M, Romania
- Cristina Pogacean, F, Romania (MG)
- Kyriakos Rossidis, M, Cyprus (MI)
- Bogdan Rus, M, Romania (MG)
- Adrian Valean, M, Romania (MG)